Thursday 7 April 2016

welsh dragon iluustations



Although I had previously strayed away from that of protagonists when developing this book, I decided that for this tale the protagonist needed to be resembled. As the welsh dragon is already globally recognisable, vastly due to the welsh flag, I felt that it would be indisputable that an idea of the dragons appearance is not already present within the consumers minds. Especially as the main target audience will be Welsh, the off chance of them never seeing an image of the iconic Welsh dragon is highly unlikely. 

I explored with different ways in which they dragon may be formatted, my personal favourite being that of the most iconic full bodied approach. I decided that this would be most appropriate as it would create a strong relationship between the consumer and the already recognisable iconography. As the welsh dragon is also present on the front cover, it would also allow the deisgn to appear strongly constructed and as a whole.



I began to explore different tones of red, with the darker yet somewhat vibrant being favoured. Not only does it comply to the colour scheme but it also heightens the relationship between my book and the colours of the welsh flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment