Thursday 28 April 2016

Production

After deciding upon the poster route, I was unsure about whether to display the design on A4 or A3. In order to tackle this decision I originally printed the design on A4 black and white in an attempt to see its impact. I felt that this was not effective although I was unsure whether this was due to the lack of colour, and thus I decided to print the design in colour. After doing this I was unsure whether the design would stand out against other posters, and thus I placed it upon my noticeboard (in which I pictured within the research stage). When comparing the deisgn to that of the others I believed it made an impact due to the vast amounts of negative space present. Although stating this, the poster was illegible from a couple of feet away. As the idea of a poster is to reveal information quickly, I felt that this lacked. Due to this I decided to print the design on A3. A gloss was chosen in order to make the design appear more glamour and thus in turn appear to women. Digital print was chosen as my method of choice as I personally felt that screenprint wouldn't appeal to freshers as they would feel it was a design method of the past.

The only problem in which I occurred during digital print was that my typeface wasn't present on the computers and thus my design comply altered. In order to resolve this I went back to the classroom and transferred my typeface onto a memory stick in which I then downloaded and placed upon the digital print computer, this then resolving my issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment