Wednesday 27 April 2016

Final evaluation

The concept behind the design is that it is a celebration piece in which will be distributed as part of the Queens 90th birthday alongside the transitioning of the bank note from cloth to polymer. The screenprint expresses the Queen within her youth, a factor in which exhibits how long she has been part of our country's heritage and how she has dedicated her life to her country. A blue hue was used in order to embeded nationalism alongside that of elegance, a factor in which the Queen definitely maintains.  A silhouette was chosen to depict her majesty, as I felt that as the Queen is most recognisable within a photographic form this is suiting. The design after screenprint was sewn into, a factor in which embeds the idea of the banknote transitioning from cloth to polymer. The hair outline was expressed in this format specifically in order to involve forms of movement within the design. The overlay was placed upon the design in order to embed concept further within the piece as this shows an obvious correlation to that of the movement into polymer banknotes.


When looking back at this project I feel it is obvious that there are key points in which need addressing. First of all I believe that the designs may have been explored a lot further, but this was prevented due to the sheer time in which the sewing variations took up. And thus if I were to redo this project I would allow myself a longer period in which to experiment with ideas. The screen print itself is impactive due to the minimalistic nature of its design, a style in which I do not regularly follow and thus I am glad I have explored with said method. As the typeface explored a serif approach some detailing is not present with the final print this being a factor in which would definitely be re-thought if I had extra time.If I also had more time I would have liked to explored the sewn approach on each of my designs in order to express a range of notes. I believe that the usage of the sewn effect is relevant although this is a timely process in which I should have factored in. The usage of an acetate overlay embeds the idea further, although I perceive the binding method to be weak and messy. This again being a factor in which I would redevelop if I had extra time. 

Overall, I believe that my design appears conceptual strong and will widely differ from that of others within the exhbititation, although I feel that the binding method widely lets this piece down.



No comments:

Post a Comment