Tuesday 26 April 2016

3rd sketches


From my drawings I began to think about designs in which I may screen print. I took my strongest concepts from that of my previous illustrations and began to express them in more detail. I also began to think more diversely surrounding the concept behind each design, a factor in which I believe to influence strong pieces. 

The idea behind the fingerprint design is that everyone has a unique finger print and thus no one can be categorised. A fingerprint expresses you as an individual and not by your culture or wealth. It expresses you the same as everyone else no matter what your gender, or your age thus depicting a society whereby everyone is equal. Equality is a factor in which Britain expresses much more clearly than that of other countries, and thus this idea connotes Britain to be a place in which is fair and equal. 

The Queen Elizabeth approach expresses the Queen within her youth, exhibiting how she has dedicated her life to her country. As within my research I discovered that she has produced over 1 Billion pounds for charities I believe it is fair to suggest that she has been a key role within making our country stronger. The traditional method of screen printing will also suggest how far technology has evolved within her rein. 

The 3rd idea expressed is that of the London skyline explored within the moneys worth. I decided that as London is the 'hub' of the United Kingdom it should appear in the context of a 50. Other cities would also be expressed within this money range as influential within the UK, suggestions being:Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, and Edinburgh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment