Thursday 28 April 2016

Image Research


As I was unsure upon what forms of imagery I wanted my poster to express I decided to conduct some visual research, in order to decipher what approaches appear most suiting to that of my demographic. 





This illustration explores a hand drawn approach in which takes the design back from that of the high glamor associated with cocktails. The simple illustrations express a form of quirkiness as not all measurements are prises. The designs also appear relaxed, a format in which expresses the idea behind cocktails, to rewind and relax. I really like this approach although I do have some concerns with the images not appearing prominent, this will be a factor in which I will explore through my illustrations. 


Simplistic and classy. This watercolour approach explores a sanity nature in which expresses class and culture. Again the illustration is very soft, a factor in which I feel allows it to appeal widely to women. 


Compared to that of the previous designs looked at this approach expresses a far more likely colour pallet, a feature in which livens the image. The usage of watercolours express flow, a factor in which applies to both student life and cocktails. 


The illustrations present within this approach are probably that of my favourite in which I have discovered as the colour does not stay within the guided boundaries, and therefore expresses pushing oneself further. I also believe that the straight lines paired with that of the powerful colours uplift the image and stray away from gender stereotypes, a factor in which I feel important.





When thinking about a photographical approach I believe that the designs appear too perfect and thus intimidate the consumer. Yes the imagery appears nice, but within cocktails that express unnatural colours the cocktails appear unhealthy. Although stating this I do believe that I should explore with photographs as they are conventional to that of cocktail books.



The above design explores an approach in which uses illustration through a CAD format, a factor in which I feel makes the design appear much more clean.



The idea of using a CAD approach within my final piece is highly relevant, as it is fair to suggest that the consumer is likely well connected to the internet and social media, whereby the vast majority of imagery is vectorised. 


This approach explores a splash of colour, which in turn resembles the taste in which the drink expresses. I really like this illustration style and believe I should explore with it further. 

No comments:

Post a Comment