Thursday 28 April 2016

Drink posters

Although I was unable to find many cocktails posters during my research, I found multiple on that of other drinks, from soft drinks to alcoholic shots in which I looked at closely to enable my creative flow when developing initial sketches. 



This deisgn explores the idea of a smoothie, and what you can add at each stage in order to gain your own directed outcome. I like this idea as I feel that the consumer is able to choose the directed outcome, a factor in which would apply largely to students as alcohol and juices can be costly. I also feel that the sectioned approach expresses further detail, a factor in which may influence the consumer to read the design.


This design explores an illustrative approach in which effectively informs the consumer about issues. Minimal text is used, a factor in which I again believe to target the consumer, as it is internationally recognised in the deisgn world that large bulky paragraphs are often discarded. The usage of individual colours also allows elements of the design to be seen as individual aspects, as well as a whole, a factor in which I feel extremely important.  


This chalkboard approaches explores that of a traditional bar set up whereby drinks are depicted using chork. The usage of such style to be appears very masculine. I like the idea of placing the drinks next to one another, with the ingredients clearly expressed below.  As this is a student cocktail book I will express little ingredients as the poor student is a frequent stereotype. This will also make the cocktails faster to make.  




These two designs explore the same layout as the chalkboard approach with the usage of a vectorised style being more prominent. The simplistic glasses don't distract from the colours and text two key components in which I must focus upon within my own designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment