Tuesday 26 April 2016

Further approaches

Following my experiments before screenprinting I began to explore different ways in which I would be able to sew into the designs.





This design explores an acetate and paper sewed approach, something I felt very difficult to complete as the thickness of the two combined made it nigh on impossible to sew the two together. Benefits of completing a design in this format are that you are unable to see the stitching from the front view. 


This approach was developed purely on acetate a factor in which I felt difficult to complete as the thick acetate was hard to puncture, this then resulting in myself being injured numerous times, so much so I wore a pair of cloves in which made the design even more laborious to stitch. The general benefits of completing a design within this format are very weak as you are still able to see the messy connections behind the design.




Although I had pretty much settled on the previous approach as my basis outcome, I decided to explore with the £5 design. Doing this lead me to believe that it is much easier to sew upon paper than that of acetate, and as the design appears much cleaner it is obvious to suggest that this approch is the strongest path in which I may follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment