Wednesday 27 April 2016

Overlay

In order to promote the sentiment of the transitioning of the banknote to polymer I decided to involve some form of acetate overlay. This then expressing the idea of bank note design moving forward. I attempted to firstly place clear acetate over my design but felt that it appeared somewhat boring and thus I had the idea to add colour to the acetate.





After printing the colour onto the acetate, I accidentally smudged the pink as it had not yet dried. Due to this I decided to leave the blue in the print room until it was completely dry. This took about 15 minutes as the ink had to set into the plastic. 




As I hadn't enough time to book another printing slot I decided to leave the pink, although if the colour match had been more successful than I would have likely gone back and altered it. I also felt that pink had no real relevance other than to make the design appear more impactful.

























I then explored with the blue acetate, a component in which I feel made the image appear more prominent. As the design is also very minimal I felt it important to involve another design aspect in order to make it more visually pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment