Wednesday 27 April 2016

Sewing around detail






From my feedback I decided that my best possible approach would be to somewhat highlight the screenprint with a sewn outline. Not only promoting the sentiment of cloth but also highlighting the queen as a prominent feature of the design. Some areas in which I found challenging whilst doing this was that the shapes did not follow a straight format and thus it took an exceptionally long time to produce. As I pulled the thread too tight within one attempt the design then tor, this left me having to complete another design. In order to ensure this didn't occur again I decided to separate parts of the design to components in which will and won't be sewn, this then eliminating any change of the same occurrence happening again. As screenprinting is a crisp method I also decided to leave the facial features and sew purely into her hair, thus causing some for of movement. When completing this I had to ensure that the bank note didn't become too creased, as this had happened within my previous designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment