Thursday 28 April 2016

Evaluation

When looking at my final product I am extremely happy with it as I feel that it expresses a design in which I myself would have appreciated whilst in freshers. Although not directly suggesting how to make friends the design explores a way in which may result in a casual drink whereby people get to know one another, an opportunity in which I wish I had taken within the first week. The percentage of each cocktail isn't overly strong and thus the consumer wouldn't get drunk straight away, a factor I feel important as I wouldn't want to promote irresponsible behaviour. In order to help those who feel dependant upon alcohol I have also expressed the drinkaware logo, a factor in which I feel to be incredibly important. I have also included a slogan in which I believe would put others off binge drinking. If I were to re-develop this design I would definitely consider including a non-alcoholic cocktail in order to promote the idea that you don't have to drink in order to have a good time. I may also explore with putting the units upon each design, to allow the consumer to judge their alcohol intake themselves.

The design itself is aesthetically pleasing, with the illustrations appearing 'tipsy', this definitely being a factor in which I feel strong. I am also happy that I got to explore with my illustrative skills a lot more within this project, as I feel it is a lot less restricted than that of previous briefs.

I believe that the target audience was successfully targeted through that of publication format, as a poster is quick and concise to read. Although social medias should have been explored, as this is the main way in which consumers gather most of their information.

Overall, if I were to re-develop this project the key areas in which I would include are that of non alcoholic cocktails, units of alcohol, exploration with a printed book and also social medias.


No comments:

Post a Comment