Tuesday 26 April 2016

C.A.D variations

Following a purely black and white approach I began to explore ways in which my concepts may be constructed for screen print. 




The two fingerprint approaches explore different shapes and compositions. The general structure of the designs is somewhat dull and thus extensive amounts of colour would needed to be added when experimenting in screen print. As I wanted the design to resemble a banknote the denomination is present although I feel other factors would need to be introduced to make the design appear more realistic. 




Following the landscape idea, I explored multiple compositions in which express the landscape emerging from the denomination. From this I felt that the 2nd design appeared most effective as it is obvious that the landscape is merging with the letting, this is also the cleanest approach in which promotes legibility. 





I then explored ways in which the queen may be resembled. I decided to follow her silhouette as it is iconic within British postage stamps.  Although I liked this idea I personally feel it is too minimal to produce for the exhibition. 


As these designs primarily focus upon the traditional printing method of screen printing, I believe it is fair to suggest that my design process will mainly focus upon C.A.D before the final resolution is traditionally printed. This is not a process in which I want to follow as I want to explore further using other mediums. Due to this I have decided to explore with other routes before deciding upon my traditional printing method. 




No comments:

Post a Comment