Tuesday 26 April 2016

Prints

From the designs in which I developed I felt it important to select the right ones, as I wanted to express the strongest approaches within my final piece. Problem areas in which occurred were that of the type, as the narrow serifs appeared difficult to express. 



A problem area in which I found when screenprinting is that the Queen in the above piece hadn't been exposed properly and thus patches appeared within her aesthetics. When asking for help surrounding how I may resolve this it was suggested that I jet wash the design. Although taking up around an hour (with drying time) resolving this issue allowed me to produce a clear, concise banknote.




Lining up the design was also a factor in which I neglected within a few approaches and thus the bottom design got cut off, this resulting in a wasted bank note. After making this error I ensured that this would not occur again by using masking tape as guidelines.




Pressure is important within screenprinting as if enough isn't given then the design can appear like the one above. I resolved this print by going back over it, a factor in which you can do roughly three times.




Within this approach I forgot to place the vacuum on and thus the design stook to the board. Not only did this cause my print to appear layered but it also caused ink to appear upon the other side of the screen.




Although this is usually resolved by printing on newsprint a couple of times I found that this didn't resolve my problem and thus I washed my board. I felt it was important to do this rather than to produce weak prints and waste ink.


The above image explores some variations of the banknotes in which I developed. In order to produce a realistic bank note I cut each design down to that of a £50 size. This making the designs more prominent. 



No comments:

Post a Comment