Thursday 7 April 2016

Front cover illusations








I explored a variation of approaches focusing upon iconic Welsh landscapes, primarily that of natural resources. 

Thinking specifically about the landscape of Wales, and its generally rough landscape I began to think about its most iconic locations. With Snowdon being its largest mountain, it's definitely one of its strongest natural attractions with over 360,000 people climbing it each year, not to mention the vast amount of visitors who take the train up. Due to this I decided that it would be a perfect example of Wales as a strong and beautiful country in which to place on the front cover. 

Although not purely focusing upon Snowdon I felt that my illustrations swayed towards the snowdonia national park, and thus I decided that the iconic mountain would be a strong way in which to project Wales to the consumer,




I began by developing a design in a format similar to the welsh artists in which I had previously looked at, building the image out of block colours. With a vibrant tone I feel this image to be inviting and highly expressive of that of welsh culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment