Thursday 7 April 2016

Spread Research



When looking at spreads currently available I focused upon designs in which could cater to that of a bilingual aspect.

 
This minimal yet informative approach would allow vast amounts of text upon each page without the design becoming overcomplicated. Although the design is text heavy the book's relationship to space provides a clear, inviting outlook. A factor I would definitely try to mimic within my own spreads.


The overlapping nature of this deisgn is a factor in which I feel gives it an edge amongst over designs. This also indicates some forms of rebellion, a factor in which may relate to my younger audience.


These spreads are probably my favourite as they explore multiple ways in which to express information using one grid. The grids flexible nature allows this, and thus this must be considered when developing my own approach, as I would like my spreads to explore multiple avenues in order to appear visually stimulating. 




A much more formalised approach this  design explores ways in which to correlate both minimal and vast amounts of information formally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment