Tuesday 12 April 2016

resolved

Although the binding method is far from perfect I feel that the solution made the most out of the sources available. Errors that occur within the book involve the delicate nature of the bind and how if vigorously moved the pages may tear, this be easily resolved by the usage of a metal ring binder rather than plastic. The main problem with the book's design was that the top bind caused the previous pages acetate to remain on the following page, resulting in the consumer being slightly confused about the books navigation. As the book was not originally intended to be expressed in this format this flaw had not been previously discovered. A factor in which I highly regret not experimenting with more.

If I were to redevelop this book factors in which would be considered more extensively would be how the binds would coincide with each page and how the acetate would be positioned within the book. I would definitely consider booking multiple printing slots also so that any amendments may be made. Although I feel that the ring bind expresses easy availability to the consumer, if the design were to be altered I would definitely revert back to the original 'celtic' bind idea, as I personally feel it expresses a stronger context.

No comments:

Post a Comment