Tuesday 12 April 2016

New book binding




Following tutorials on how to develop such stitches I began to explore some ways in which I would be able to successfully bind the book using as little guttering as possible. The strongest responses being that on a simple japanese bind and also that of an extra cardboard piece in which was then stitched alongside the paper in order to take up as little space as possible. From this I then found that no matter what I will loose some text if the book is stitched horizontally, due to the little amounts of negative space available. I then thought about japanese binding the book at the top, but felt that it may be difficult for the consumer to maneuver the pages and keep them there as the bind is so strong. 

When asking my peer, Calum for advice he used that a ring bind may work as it is not only easy to move but it would also allow the information to be easily received, a factor in which the target audience would enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment