Sunday 24 April 2016

Initial ideas surround sci fi








Following the discussion, I began so research into sci-fi films and the way in which the general aesthetics appear. From this I found that light is a highly influential factor within the making of the films. As I am not a fan of this genre I felt that it would be important to gather a greater understanding and thus watched debatably the best sci-fi film of all time, Alien. Made in the 70's this film is highly relevant to the design in which we perceive the future to look like today. A large contrast to films such as 'Back to the future' perceived the world to be like. This is definitely a factor in which I feel should be discussed within the crit.

When looking at the posters strong connections can be made between each including:

-a relationship with numbers
-the universe
-blues/greens/metallics
-metal structures





Following the concept of sci fi I began to develop some ideas surrounding what design I perceive to be futuristic. I thought about gadgets and how some form of strobe lighting could be exhibited in order to embed the theme further. Colour was thought about extensively with blue and metallics being highly debated.  I also liked the idea of experimenting with some form of metal structure, as this idea is ambiguous I will ask my group about it within my next discussion.


What I need to discuss with the rest of my group:

-the comparisons between 70's films relating to the future and how back to the future and alien differ so widely. 
-the usage of strobe lighting and its limitations
-the usage of a metal structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment