Saturday 16 April 2016

guide experiment


As I was unsure of the atmosphere created by the minimal yet postmodern 'P' I decided to explore with it further. I felt that expressing it as a shape allowed for a design in which began to feel to convey more to postmodern traits whilst still keeping a modernist structure. I liked the idea of purple getting in the way of design and thus overlapped the pattern, this again being associated with postmodernism. In order to keep balance between the two movements I decided that a white background should be present, this was also the reasoning behind the minimal san serif typeface used.

My favourite deisgn aspect of this piece is the idea that purple gets in the way of design, as this gives extra context to my design. As I am currently unsure how to take this design further I will ask my peers in a self organised critique.

No comments:

Post a Comment