Monday 4 April 2016

Front cover crit

When discussing my front cover with my peers, I gathered a variant of responses. First of all it was suggested that designs involving imagery I have taken/developed myself are far more contextual than that of designs in which involve others imagery.

It was suggested that the illustration design appeared far more appealing to that of a modern day audience than the other approaches, primarily due to the vast amounts of negative space present. It was also suggested that designs in which involved a landscape gave a real life insight to the reader, rather than expressing a mythical creature. This also being a component in which differs the designs to that of 'ordinary' mythology books.

I asked my peers about what design I should take further, and the response was biased towards the illustration. As my peers are the target audience's age I decided to trust their opinion and explore with the design further.

No comments:

Post a Comment