Saturday 16 April 2016

Experiment




In order to decide between the two designs I developed a mock up of the first design. 200gsm was used in order to promote durability, as well as importance as thinner paper may seem like waste paper. Glossed card was also used, a factor in which I feel did not work successfully as it appeared to cheapen the purple. When the gloss hit the light it also caused the text to appear illegible, a factor in which would not appeal to the target audience, especially as design students are likely to be in well lit studios. The gloss combined with the paper weight also caused the leaflets edges to crack when folded, a factor in which cheapens the entire product. If I were to decided upon this product it must be printed on purple stock. 


After constructing this deisgn, I feel that it is not strong enough to entice a younger audience into being interested in purple. The general aesthetic expresses some forms of awkward nature, but I feel that the design lacks post/modernsit relevance. I also believe that design number 2 portrays a more conceptual approach.


No comments:

Post a Comment