Tuesday 12 April 2016

Stock


As I was unsure about what stock to print on, I booked an extra printing session in which I could explore a variation of stock. Although I wanted my book to appear neutral, with a white or cream background, I was unsure on whether to use gloss or matt. From experimenting with the two I found that the matt expressed a more historical feel whereas the glossy paper appeared as if it should appear within some form of magazine. I also felt that the matt expressed the imagery as more celtic. 

Once I had come to this conclusion I had to decide upon paper weights. I experimented with 80, 120, and 200gsm. With 120gsm appearing as what may be referred to as a 'happy medium'. I personally felt that the 80 appeared very weak and wouldn't be suitable for mass print due to durability, whereas the 200 was very thick and would be difficult to manoveur with my selected binding method. With 120gsm appearing sturdy yet easy to turn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment