Sunday 17 April 2016

Evaluation



Overall I feel this design expresses that of an awkward nature, with aspects being drawn to its claustrophobic aesthetic. Block shapes and colour have been used in order to confine the text to express an uncomfortable trapped feeling.

 The idea of purple getting in the way of good design was also explored within the inside spread, as the text is often positioned very closely to that of the shapes. I felt that it was important to involve deisgn aspects like this as it expresses uncommon deisgn, a factor in itself which would gather the consumers attention.

The lack of imagery was a conscious decision, as I felt that it would expresses reality, a factor in which would counteract the awkward nature of this design aesthetic. Thus I opted for sharp shapes in which cut through vast amounts of negative space, in turn sectioning off the design. In turn expressing the sentiment of claustrophobia.

Both modernist and postmodern elements were involved within the construction of the design, as I felt the merging of the two would position deisgn students in an unsettled manner. A grid system was discarded with a large focus being on that of block colours and shape factors in which convey to that of postmodern design. In order to balance the design I felt that a typical sans serif should be used in order to expresses modernist design alongside legibility. This was also the reasoning behind the white background.

The production itself suggested an unprofessional nature as the reverse pages text caused forms of illegibility. If I were to reconstruct the leaflet this is definitely a factor in which I would resolve.

To summarise, I feel that from the responses made by young people about my leaflet it would effectively target that of a younger demographic. I also believe that the modernist style approach also targets this market. The main factor in which I struggled within within this design is that of time management, as it is obvious that my first approach was extremely rushed, hence why it was revisited and tweeked. Within my following briefs this is definitely an area in which I must consider further.

No comments:

Post a Comment