Wednesday 12 October 2016

Which shops will sell my book?

Thinking specifically about where my book will be sold, I began to research bookstore in which I believe would sell my book.


Village Book Store

The Village Bookstore is an independent bookshop and gallery based in Leeds. They offer a curated a selection of contemporary art, design, fashion and photography books and magazines. They also source self-published and small press zines from artists around the world.

Waterstones

Waterstone's, is a British book retailer that operates 275 stores and employs around 3,500 staff in the UK and Europe as of February 2014. Established in 1982 by Tim Waterstone, after whom the company was named. Waterstones is a well established brand a factor in which would mean my book would be sold not only in the UK but also Europe, it is also a trustworthy brand.




















WH Smith

WHSmith plc is a British retailer which operates a chain of high street, railway station, airport, port, hospital and motorway service station shops selling books, stationery, magazines, newspapers and entertainment products. As a standard WH Smith sell best selling books and magazines, niche products are not usually sold.





















So where would my book be sold?

As I was unsure where my book would be sold I decided to discuss my problem with my peers. From this it became evident that the village book store would be the best option as the range of books in which they sell are art specific and niche. It was also suggested that the location of the corn exchange is a place in which is widely associated with young people with other similar shops being present there. As the shop is also in Leeds it develops a real relevance to the book, as it is centered in both Leeds and Manchester. Due to these factors I have decided that my book will be sold within the village bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment