Saturday 15 October 2016

How I can relate the binding method to the cities?

Following on from the idea of using industrial clips in order to express Manchester's industrial revolution, I decided to explore ways in which my concept may inform my binding methods, rather than thinking specifically about practicality and target audience.

Idea One

The first thing I asked myself was what are both Leeds and Manchester famous for, apart from being two of the most influential cities within the UK. And then it appeared to me, that football is a highly relevant factor in which they both maintain, Manchester more so than Leeds. Whenever on holiday abroad there are always 'knock off' football shirts from both these football clubs, alongside merchandise. Football culture is a accepted all over the world, with these two cities being known globally. Therefore I could some how include this within my books design, having similarities being made between my binding method and that of a football manuel.

Idea Two

My second idea is very different than to that of my first, with the binding method focusing upon stitching methods, and wool. Factors in which relate to that of Manchester's textile industry. Using forms of coptic binding would express the hardship of the cities past, focusing upon the poverty in which the workers lived. This in turn relating back to the issues within my book.


No comments:

Post a Comment