Sunday 9 October 2016

Isaac Cordal

To gather a greater insight into how inspiring street art can be, I decided to look at different formats in which it is present.  From this I discovered the creative findings of Isaac Cordal. 'His art consists of small cement figures that he leaves in the streets of cities around the world, that aim to question society and social inequalities. The project is entitled 'Cement Eclipses'.'

"Even though my sculptures appear pessimistic, I am optimistic and I believe in change in today’s social reality,"

While the meaning behind each tiny sculpture is intentionally ambiguous, it’s impossible to look at each piece without imagining a story. The pieces often appear in scenes of mourning or despair, as part of what Cordal says is commentary on humankind’s disregard for nature and as foreshadowing of potential consequences.









No comments:

Post a Comment