Friday 17 February 2017

Main brief crit

As I was unsure upon which direction to take the brief, a critique was developed in which allowed for a greater insight into the impact of the cards design, and which would appeal most to the judges and the consumer market.

First of all it was stated that the concept in which should be taken further was that of the 'no culture' designs as they have a wider target audience, and that the judges would appreciate an idea in which is rarely expressed through a product. In relation to typography it was suggested that little typography should be used although if it is used generic terms must be used in which apply to all. 

As I was unsure how to take this idea further it was suggested that some form of style should be firstly developed. When questioning this it was suggested that I should attempt to project my own style upon the cards, and thus showcase my own work and style at the same time. It was also stated that this would look good for my portfolio. As I previously stated that the majority of cards within the competition would be digitally printed it was suggested that my cards should involve some form of an edge. Whether this being a painted approach, ink, drawing, or screenprint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment