Monday 29 February 2016

leaflet


Exploring further with the sentiment of the 'P' I developed a range of approaches in which convert the letter into shape forms, rather than lines, like that developed previously. I found that designs in which contained straight lines yet again appeared more awkward in design, the same applying to that of stroke width. Negative space is also highly influential within these designs. I felt that by altering the general shape of the P it appeared distorted, and thus followed closely with postmodernism.





Following the basic structure formed within my sketches I developed a piece in which explores sharpness amongst negative space. A deep purple was again used in order to contrast against the white, especially through the text. A simplistic sans serif typeface was used in order to convey to the minimal style already present. The positioning of the type was also set to follow a similar format.

Although this design appears highly restricted, there are components that I feel allow it to expresses the sentiment of postmodernism.

No comments:

Post a Comment