Wednesday 24 February 2016

danny


Using elements from my previous designs, I correlated some sketches involving some of the strongest components. As I had felt that the overlapping of type among shape worked effectively, I closely followed this structure. Focusing upon ways in which it may be resembled. 




Using a primarily purple colour palette, I experimented with the layout of shape and text. I felt that the three tone approach appeared awkward in itself due to the colours associations, and also by using such similar colours within one design. The design did not obey to any boundaries, a factor in which I felt important within this piece, and attempted to mimic within the inside of the leaflet. 




When deciding upon the inside layout, I decided to follow a similar format to that of the front cover. Again using shape to direct the design I explored with the alignment of text, focusing upon Vignelli's cannon, as although the design should appear awkward it should also appear legible. Flush left was not necessary due to the minimal amount of information present, and thus I felt it okay to somewhat centralise the text. Although following a mostly modernist approach, key aspects such as the overlapping of text and shape within this deisgn allow postmodernism to be clearly expressed.


No comments:

Post a Comment