Monday 22 February 2016

Rethinking

As I had decided to rethink my leaflets aesthetics I decided that a strong starting point would be to explore the target audience further, as they are who the design is being created for. I also wanted to develop a more constructed approach in which did not see myself rushing towards the final resolution.

As the target audience are that of younger demographic I decided to think constructively about what design appeals to that of a younger demographic. In order to do this I decided to conduct some primary research by asking people in this demographic if they prefer modern or postmodern designs.


From the 30 participants I asked the response was very directed towards that of modernism. When asking my peers about this decision they suggested that in a world built up from glossy magazines and impact design very few individuals really understand the idea of postmodern design and what it entails. As the outcome was highly directed, I felt that it was obvious I should focus more upon modernist designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment