Wednesday 24 February 2016

Leaflet (pelican crossing) 1


Following my research I decided to develop an approach in which focused upon thick lines being positioned angularly. I decided upon this due to vast lines, and angles being associated to that of awkward behaviour. I also felt that this highly constructed background may work well if broken up using a postmodern style type arrangement. 



I followed a basic structure in which involved multiple patterns being positioned coherently. The pattern itself is built up of coherent lines in which follow a highly gridded format.





I explored with shape and text focusing specifically upon breaking boundaries in which modernist graphic design follows. The chosen typeface was selected due to the rigid lines present within its design. It is also a very different typeface to that often found in say Hoffman's work.


I explored with further shapes, although I felt the connecting nature of this design appeared a lot less effective to that of the previous. And thus decided to experiment further with the designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment