Monday 22 February 2016

Danny leaflet second drawings


Thinking specifically about awkward design, I explored a variation of approaches focusing upon structure and typography. I extensively experimented with the way in which type may be awkwardly positioned, reversing the type and positioning it incoherent to pages layout. I focused largely on line work, and how straight lines are able to make the consumer feel uncomfortable when 'cutting' through negative space. Although modernism was the basis of these designs, I felt it important to include postmodern traits, for example not sticking to a direct grid. I found that designs in which overlapped shape and image worked well in this format also. 

During the following design stage I will experiment further with line work and typography. I will also focus upon shape and how it can be positioned alongside type to develop an uneasy feeling, in which expresses postmodern traits.

No comments:

Post a Comment