Wednesday 10 February 2016

Muller Brockmann influenced piece



As Muller Brockmann is one of my favourite artists I wanted to explore some designs in which resembled his composition of type and image. His design work is minimal yet impactive, factors in which I would like to express through my final piece. Mullers style would also be recognisable to the judges, as graphic designers they should be aware of Brockmann's individual swiss style, in which became incredibly popular amongst 21st century designers. 





Drawing influence from my initial ideas, I began to develop more focused pieces, following Brockmann's style closely. As context is important, I felt that a circular style would appear most effective, due to connotations of a records movement. 



I began to explore the most successful design further, experimenting with size and colours. Although Brockmann's work is notorious to complying to a black and white colour scheme I felt that experimenting with colour would be important. A red was chosen in order to express love, the main context of the song. By doing this I felt that the impact was lost, and thus decided to stay close to the original style in which Brockmann exhibits.








Typefaces were experimented with, along with composition in order to develop a design in which truly exhibits the simplistic nature of Brockmann's work. A sans serif was also used due to comply to his iconic style

Once a final piece was selected, it was placed in context against an album cover. As you are able to submit multiple designs I will likely consider submitting this design,although I do not feel it contains enough contextual aspects in order to be selected as a final piece. Once my final designs have been developed I will select which are most effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment