Friday 4 December 2015

wayfinding sinage research


As I was unsure how to approach the signage part of the wayfinding system, I decided to gather research to influence me. Within the above design it is apparent how influential pictograms and arrows can be. As I am yet to design an arrow for Liberty's wayfinding system it would be important for me to do so during the following design stages. 


This design really shows the impact of simplistic wayfinding, and that it is important not to over complicate it. The design uses multiple colours to display different sectors of the building, if I were to use a similar system within my wayfinding signage it would easily relate back to that of the wayfinding map. I also feel that the white text upon a coloured background appears very effective and adds personality to the design.


I really like the clarity presented within the typeface used for this wayfinding system. The minimal lettering alongside the white background allows for the design to be extremely visulant. When developing ideas surrounding floor wayfinding I am likely to work with this design closely as I feel it is the most impactive.

This signage system although graphically average is clear, concise and easy to navigate, all factors in which I want my design to process. A consistent font has been used throughout each design as well as type size. These are all factors that must be presented within my design if i want to demonstrate an obvious house style.

No comments:

Post a Comment