Friday 4 December 2015

arrow research

Arrows are an important factor when considering how to direct people using primarily pictograms, thus it is important that when developing my own it appears clear and legible. Due to this reason I decided to look at a vast variation of arrows already available.


The first word that comes to mind when viewing these arrows is modernity. The playful designs appear fresh, simple and would most definitely target Liberty's intended audience. Some arrows including the top right appear illegible due to the thin strokes present within its design, due to this reason I must be considerate of stroke width when designing.



Both these designs incorporate signage and arrows together, and although I do not feel that this would work specifically well for Liberty Park I do like the concept behind it. A range of colours have been used to differentiate between locations, thus depicting clarity.


I really like this 3D approach towards an arrow head and believe that it could be easily identifiable to the intended audience of Liberty. The 3D approach would also suggest a visual guide, as it appears as if the arrow is personally taking you to your location.






The structure of an arrow is very lenient as long as the head it pointed, thus this gives me a lot of room to be creative. From the above images it is clear that thicker filled strokes appear much more impactive than thin stroke arrows, although depending upon the context I feel they could both work.

No comments:

Post a Comment