Thursday 3 December 2015

Olympics inital drawings


As part of the study task we were given a grid to aid us with our initial drawings. As I have previously not used a grid when designing I found this task very difficult and felt that my designs appeared very square. I experimented with a range of different gymnastics representations including: different movements, press benches and upper body conditioning equipment.  





Using the grid to aid me I followed the design style that was present within my research. Although very similar to the original design, I have altered it to become gender neutral, thus creating an equilibrium among the sport. When developing this design through C.A,D I will experiment with the basic shapes available and try to make it appear more lifelike.


Using previous research to inform my design I experimented with movements popular among gymnastics. Using harsh shapes I then began to develop body shape, although this design is clear I feel it lacks flexibility, a key component in gymnastics, due to this reason I will develop the design further making it appear less sharp and more malleable.

No comments:

Post a Comment