Thursday 3 December 2015

New CAD





As my original C.A.D. ideas lacked personality and contextuality I decided to develop a map system that graphically resembles a simplistic yet informed wayfinding system. Unlike the previous design I had created for this system, the structure and shapes present resemble that of Liberty park. I felt that by doing this it not only added contextuality and graphic awareness but also allowed the map to be much easier to communicate to the consumer.

Taking influence from my original research I decided to use colour as an informant. I did this by depicting the courtyard, reception and blocks all in different shades of colour. By doing this I feel that the overall efficiency of the map has increased, as well as design aspects. I decided upon blue as the primary colour for my design due to its relationship with communication, trust, efficiency, serenity, duty and logic.

No comments:

Post a Comment