Thursday 10 December 2015

new cad- front cover


As purple is a colour which either gathers a love or hate response I felt that using a triangle within the design would be much more appropriate than a circle. I decided upon this as a triangle conveys warning and danger. Thus embedding the idea that the colour purple can be a 'dangerous' colour to use due to the lack of people being pleased by its aesthetic. 



I experimented with both size and scale focusing upon balance and hierarchy. The typeface was chosen due to its simplicity yet impactful nature, very similar to that of the uses of colour. The typeface is also highly legible on multiple scales, and thus could be embedded throughout the whole leaflet. 



As purple can be conceived as overpowering, I experimented with other colours in an attempt to balance the design.The most effective colour I felt worked for this was grey. This conclusion was derived due to the grey empowering the purple to appear much brighter, but also in turn adding a sense of formality to the design.

I also experimented with the overall structure of the triangles trying to allude to something minimalistic but not boring, like the original triangle design, which allowed the importance colour to be lost among shape.


As the previous design appears to trap the text between the two shapes, it creates a design in which appears extremely compact and visually displeasing. To counteract this, I decided to create a design that appears very open and spacious. To create this approach I strategically placed smaller triangles to appear as if they are bursting away from the original. I decided to do this to display the concept of pigments building up a colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment