Thursday 10 December 2015

Experimenting with colour-leaflet




Although I had decided upon the pairing of purple and grey, I was unsure what pantone to use. I explored multiple pairs, with highly differing outcomes, my favourites being the above three. When comparing the designs my main focus was what would appeal mostly to the target audience of designers/design students. As the designs are targeted towards people of the arts, I felt the first colour scheme was far too restricting and formal. Due to this I decided to use purple as the main colour and grey as the secondary, to allow a formal component that wasn't overwhelming. When comparing the colour schemes, it is evident that the second design appears very dull and therefore wouldn't be a design in which you'd likely pick up from a brochure rack. I also find that the text appears somewhat illegible upon the dark background. Overall due to these reasonings I have decided to process further with the 3rd colour scheme. The colours compliment one another, and do not appear overwhelming. The text also clearly stands strong against the background and thus would be legible from a distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment