Thursday 3 December 2015

Pictograms-Washing






As I was unsure how to develop a washing icon without producing an outcome that was vastly over complicated, I decided to look at designs in which have already been developed. Doing this really helped to capture the basic shapes present within the design and how to formulate them with other shapes to create an impactful piece of design work. I also looked at the work of Margaret Calvert to aid me with this. 


In order to develop strong contextual designs, I followed previous research closely. I did this by firstly deciding upon the primary shapes conveyed within a washing machine's appearance. After completing ideas using this format, I also thought about shapes displaying water and also traditional washing methods. 
Using my initial sketches as influence I began to design my pictograms using C.A.D. Focusing primarily on simplicity and shape I developed a broad range of ideas. Although I personally liked all the designs created I wanted to convey a modern, youthful atmosphere and therefore decided upon the water pictograms. After looking over both designs, I felt the first was much more sharp in appearance thus looking harmful, due to this design flaw I decided upon the second pictogram. I decided to place the designs within a circle as they connote unity, a factor in which I wanted to promote the halls as being-a unity of people embracing their chosen subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment