Tuesday 25 April 2017

Why do you use snapchat filters

When with my peers who use snapchat, I asked them as to why they use filters, the responses were as follows.


"To be honest, I use snapchat filters to make me look better. If I have a spot or something, they usually hide it so I can actually take pictures on a night out"

"Depend who im talking to. The filter is suiting to that. If its with my friends i'll use an ugly one, but if its not then a nicer one"

"Depends on why im taking the photo. If its for a new profile picture then I definitely use a nice filter" 

"usually funny, but I will use a nice one if im feeling vain" 



From completing this exercise I now have gained a greater understanding upon why certain people use certain snapchat filters. It is evident that individuals are more likely to use beautifying snapchat filters, especially when going on a night out, or snapchatting a new person or love intrest.

The research also uncovered that women were most likely to use beautifying filters with 8/10 stating they do compared to 2/10 men. It may be suggested that this is due to the unrealistic beauty standards that are projected to women and thus this is a way in which to tackle them.

No comments:

Post a Comment