Thursday 15 October 2015

Visiting M&S

When visiting the Leeds store of Marks and Spencers I collected specific details surrounding the atmosphere presented within their stores. Overall I found the experience pleasant but I felt a divide in the market, as I felt that the food and clothing sectors of the store were targeted at different audiences. The clothing specifically appealed to an older generation and the food court to a younger. This was not only displayed with the selection of products but also with the different layouts present in each sector.

The atmosphere was overall calm. Music was played within the clothing sector very slightly but non was played in the general shop. I believe that this was a conscious effort to target different audiences in each sector.

No comments:

Post a Comment