Monday 19 October 2015

Layout of Marks & Spencer's Logo

Although I wanted to capture a historical componiant within my logo, I also wanted to display the fact that Marks and Spencer's is an current up to date brand. Therefore when thinking about factors such as layout I have decided to allow for a much more modern approach. I have experimented with a range of layouts, some which work much greater than others. I believe that the bottom left logo displays far too much negative space which consequently looses the high quality aspect of the brand, and makes it look much more child like. I also believe that the maturity of the brand is lost within the bottom right logo. I conclude this due to the large '&' symbol appearing very similar to the large '£' displayed on discount stores.

I am currently cemmented between the top left and central logo designs as I feel that they both contain sophistication and an contempary layout. I am going to create the M&S food logo first before I finalise on the Marks and Spencers logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment