Tuesday 16 May 2017

Personal experience

As a designer I believe that personal experience and knowledge upon a topic area can highly influence a design. As a result of this, I have drawn from my own personal experiences upon my fathers heart attack. Although the experience was a shock, it completely altered his life. As an active member of the community, he has since 'retired' for the parish council. As his work load is very stressful, he had to take active steps at de-stressing himself.

Since my fathers heart attack I have myself been tested for hereditary heart disease, with my cholesterol being normal. After gaining information surrounding hereditary heart disease it also became event that a large family history is present with my Grandmother having a stroke after 65, and my great grandmother dying from a heart attack. It also became evident that my fathers mother, and two brothers also have high cholesterol levels. When discussing this with my farther he suggested that he would have tested for CHD when he was younger if he had known the risk factors. As a result of this I believe that the project area is highly relevant, and may force individuals to be tested for CHD.

No comments:

Post a Comment