Friday 12 May 2017

Contacting the picture house

Email













In order to gain a greater understanding upon how the building works etc, I contacted the picture house through email asking relevant questions. The questions asked surround community, architecture, prominence, historical aspects and the individuals personal relationship to the picture house. Unfortunately no response was gained and thus I decided that visiting the picture house may be a greater way in which to gain information.



Visiting the picture house 


Although I was unable to talk to the manager of the picture house, I managed to discuss a few questions with another member of staff. The responses are as follows. 


-What would you say is the best feature of the picture house?
I personally believe that the best feature of the picture house is that of the 'outdoor' ticket booth. This feature reminds me of the classic american cinemas depicted within films, its classic. 


-What colours do you feel as associated towards it?
The building is red, and large amounts of the interior are including the seats. 


-Do you believe that the building is as popular as it was 100 years ago?
Obviously more people go out out now, so I am unsure whether it is as popular, but it has a steady revenue.

No comments:

Post a Comment