Wednesday 13 January 2016

Iconography surrounding motorways

Before I am to develop my own inital ideas surrounding motorway safety I feel that it would be appropriate to collect some imagery in which may influence my designs. To begin this I looked at basic iconography surrounding motorways, including the motorways basic aesthetics and signage.




The images represented display common objects in which are easily identifiable to motorways. Anyone who has travelled using a motorway would be able to recognise the connection between these pieces of iconography and the subject area. Links like this would also allow the leaflet to appear specifically to an audience who drive, thus creating a contexual refrence. Using these images to aid me I will begin to draw some inital ideas, focusing upon shape, impact and contexuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment