Wednesday 13 January 2016

Hazard Infographics



Using my sketches to aid me I began the process of developing a C.A.D approach to infogrphics. To begin this process I made the decision to follow the basic structure of the hazzard sign. This outcome was derived due to the hazzard sign being seen as a warning to all drivers and thus the target audience would be aware that the information contained with the sign is highly important. Resulting in the information overall appearing extremely valuable, and thus the consumer is much more likely to remember the statistics.

The original design in which I experimented contained a filled red triangle and although this does suggest a warning, I felt that the intertextual reference created by physically depicting the sign structure would be much more poignant. 


When experimenting with colour I felt that the bright red appeared very eye-catching and although this is an componant I want my design to have, I felt that such an impactive colour would unbalance the other relevant information upon the page, making it appear less prominant. As I still wanted to resemble danger within my design I decided to still use a red but to focus on a more subtle tone. By doing this and experimenting with browner reds, the colour appeared to look similar to blood. Although dark in context, I felt that by using this colour the reality of dangerous driving would appear apparent to the consumer, in turn detering them from being unsafe drivers.




Using a three tone approach I began to experiment with text. I experimented with colour, but felt that the black suggested a sence of formality. When exploring kerning and the position of text, I felt it apparent that the text should be centralised as although flush left is easier to read its theory is it relivent when designing with limited amounts of text. The text appeared at its strongest when displayed over four lines, this also enabled me to enlarge the text, making it easier to read. 


The text appeared at its strongest when positioned within the tight space of the triangle. This created a sence of formality which is relatable to the original signage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment