Wednesday 11 November 2015

Typeface development

After looking in depth at the selected typeface from the critique I decided that it didn't contain the element of sharpness in which I had pictured within the fist stages of the design process. Therefore I began to redevelop the typeface, looking at specifically sharpening the serifs.


Letterforms such as the 'L' looked inbalanced after I had manipulate the serifs, so I therefore manipulated the stroke width to create a much more balanced typeface.


I specifically struggled when creating the 'E' for Acutus, as I found it hard to extinguish between sharpness and density. I manipulated stroke width, serifs and the cross bar to add a sharpend atmosphere towards the letterform, something in which I felt my inital design lacked.









I began a similar process with the rest of the typeface, focusing primarily on creating pointed edges wherever possible. Again in some circumstaces I had to develop a larger stroke width to balance the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment