Friday 6 November 2015

individual designs and connotations

 The atmosphere created by this text is very heavy and although it strongly resembles the context of light and dark humour, the sharp points get emerged within the thick strokes, loosing the overall representation of witty.
 A minimalist approach to Caslon, this typeface appears weak rather than sharp. By adding serifs to an already thin type, the impact of the typography is lost.
 I created this typeface by gathering inspiration from the negative spaced used with Caslon. The thin lines resemble sharp edges, a similar concept to which was derived within the origami typeface that I initially researched.
 When developing this letterform, I specifically focused upon the apex. Although I enjoy this typeface, I feel it is too similar to that of Caslon, and doesn’t display my design skills.
 Following the design concept to the left, I felt that by adding colour to the typeface it might allow for a more constructed text that appears visually pleasing. Although more impressionable than the original, this typeface does not possess the characteristics in which I wanted exhibit.
I specifically like the way in which the apex of the ‘A’ was altered in this typeface compared to Caslon. The overall atmosphere captures both sharp, and light and dark humour.

No comments:

Post a Comment