Tuesday 3 November 2015

Grids-studio design

 
Grids are highly important throughout graphic design, especially within print whereby the layout of say, a newspaper can be recognisable to the consumer from a distance. In order to gather a wider understanding of newspapers I studied the layout of the Independent. It was instantly clear that each page follows a regulated format that is specifically unique to the brand. This not only saves time when developing each issue but also allows for a consisity that the consumer can recognise. An eight grid system allows for legible, clear reading of  both body text and quotes. The way in which the imagery is placed within the grid allows for a break up of text, therefore granting a higher level of accessibility. As I haven't previously used grid work within my approaches I will definitely consider creating my own in future design work, due to its structure allowing for a professional, stylist look.


No comments:

Post a Comment