Monday 2 November 2015

Study Task 4- Take away menu redesign

When developing a new menu for Waymouth Tandoori I followed a basic grid system to allow for a standard, professional finish something that clearly overlooked in the original design.

I explored multiple ways in which to present the type on the page, but found that the most legible way was to mimic the flush left which is represented within Viginelli's cannon. I also manipulated the rag to allow for the text to appear more legible. 




I experimented with typefaces but only allowed for 3 to be present in the design. I did this to insure that the menu looked impactive yet simplistic. I also focused largely on the sizing of each typeface ensuring that a maximum of 3 sizes were used. I did this in order to convey to the conventions present within Vignelli's Cannon.
Just to give an example of what the redeveloped menu would look like I included a base image. Thus demonstrating that the right text layout can work with any image, as long as it's considered when creating the initial grid.

No comments:

Post a Comment